Hiring Payroll Clerk to Start ASAP
Working location: Toronto
Hourly rate: $20 to $22
Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and processing of payroll for salary and hourly employees, and acting as the first point of contact in regards to inquiries or issues related to payroll.
Essential Job Functions:
* Bi-weekly payroll processing for salary, hourly employees
* Retrieving and entering employee information into the Workforce system
* Process any changes pertaining to employee personal and employment information in the payroll system, including address, rate, deductions, etc.
* Ensure taxes and deductions are being calculated as per provincial and federal requirements
* Maintain accurate employee records based on employment status, including re-hires, leave of absences, and terminations, while ensuring a record of employment is issued in a timely manner
* Financial and Ad-hoc reporting analysis
* Processing month-end reports and assisting Accounting Manager with period close activities
* Business diploma in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent
* A minimum of one year experience in an entry-level accounting role, with payroll experience
* Knowledge of Canadian payroll provincial legislation and employment standards
* Experience with any electronic payroll processing platform
* Excellent Excel and math skills, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with team members, management, employees and external individuals and agencies, in an efficient and effective manner.
* Excellent work ethic, demonstrating integrity and trust as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, and diplomacy.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to [email protected]
, thank you.