• Daily transactions in QuickBooks accounting software; maintain complete and accurate supporting documentation
• Prepare and process payables, receivables, withdrawals and deposits
• Petty cash, credit card, staff reimbursement reconciliations and payments
• Receive, process and track tuition fee payments from students
• Prepare reconciliations and submit applicable reports and remittances for EHT etc.
• Reconcile revenues with resource development on a monthly basis
• Assist with preparation and distribution of budgeting and reporting documents
• Run and distribute actual to budget reports to Director on a quarterly basis
• Assist with preparation of yearend schedules and documents for the annual audit
• Maintain electronic and paper filing systems
• Preparing China expense, reviewing and auditing the receipts.
• Reviewing and assisting to process the commissions of students’ tuition fee
• Plan, create and execute financial reports for the Directors of the school, regularly
• Full cycle bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees
• Enter and maintain payroll data including new hires, leaves, separations and time records
• Assist with verification and analysis of payroll data in time and attendance software and generate reports as required
• Reconcile payroll and benefits liability accounts and prepare remittances as per schedule including CPP, EI, Income Tax, EHT and etc.
• Ensure accurate processing and timely distribution of Records of Employment and T4s
• Issuing all T4s and T4As before February 28 every year to all employees
• Respond to payroll related issues and inquiries and generate reports as required
• Issuing the ROE, preparing all documents and severance pay package to the leaving staffs.
• Contacting the communications with the Ministry of Labors, Canada Revenue Agency, Canada Service and Ministry of Finance etc.
• Banking and other tasks as required
• Excellent understanding of accounting principles and business practices including legal and ethical business practices
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented; able to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently/take initiative
• Ability to work harmoniously with others and be a positive contributor to the culture of the organization.
Job type: Full-time
Experience: Two-year experience working as an accountant with a focus on full accounting processes including AR, AP, and Financial Reporting (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/education in a related field
Language: Both English and Chinese Mandarin
We prefer anyone who has the experience to work in a private high school. Please feel free to contact me by my email address email@example.com