Reports To：Purchasing Manager
The Purchasing Assistant, under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, will primarily be responsible for cost control, waste reduction, and complete and on-time delivery in compliance with company policies and standards. Job duties include ensuring outputs meet production schedules, following safety and quality standard, ensuring customer needs are met, and maintaining high standard of work quality and efficiency. The Purchasing Assistant must have a degree or diploma in a manufacturing-related field and at least one year of related experience.
* Purchase order processing and management
* Prepare appropriate paperwork for shipping, including bills of lading, customs forms, and invoices
* Inspect and verify shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off and reject damaged goods
* Compile, verify, record, and process documentation
* Resolve missing documentation, shipments, or deliveries
* Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required
* Accurately and appropriately file or submit correspondence, invoices, and receipts
* Adhere to established safe working procedures and wear the proper safety equipment at all times
* Provide feedback to manager regarding customer problems or delivery problems
* Maintain and build sound relationships with local and overseas vendors
* Communicate (written and verbally) with vendors
* Forecast product demand and execute ordering
* Coordinate local, cross border, and overseas logistics
* Request and negotiate local, cross border, and overseas freight quotes for orders.
* Regularly review open purchase orders, follow up on past due or near due deliveries and update expected receiving dates. Inform all applicable internal customers when date changes will affect supply continuity.
* Work closely with internal customers to resolve issues with out of stock or discontinued products. Source substitutes where possible to ensure continuity of product supply.
* Assist Purchasing Manager in sourcing new vendors, product review, and negotiate production schedule/product availability, prices, discounts, credit terms, and freight arrangements.
* Assist Purchasing Manager in resolving product warranty claims and quality concerns with internal customers and vendors.
* Inspect products received for quality and quantity to ensure adherence to specifications.
* Ensure vendors conform to all applicable industry and government regulations for products and documentation. Maintain up-to-date files for SDS (MSDS change to SDS) and product certifications.
* High school diploma, or equivalent
* Degree or diploma in a related field (choose one?)
* at least one year of related purchasing and warehousing experience
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
* Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
* Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
* Demonstrated time management skills
* High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
* High level of integrity and work ethic
* Occasional overtime
* Operation and use of necessary tools, machinery, or equipment
* Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
Work hour: Mon~Fri 9 am~18:00 pm
Work Office location: Central of Scarborough
Basic requirement: at least one year office Administrative experience plus any work experience of Purchasing duties.
candidates must answer the following questions:
~ How many years of related purchasing and warehousing experience do you have?
~ Do you speak Cantonese?
~ Are you in Toronto, ON?
~ Do you have the following license or certification: G Class Driver’s License?
Please send your resume to us in Word version to: [email protected]
名扬职介工作申请方式How to apply:
电子信箱: [email protected]
招聘办公室时间： 9:00 am-18:30 pm，周一至周五
密市总部地址： 5511 Tomken Road，Unit 208
Mississauga ON L4W 3Y3